Minnesota Employment Attorney
John C. Holden
Areas of Practice:
Employment Law – Severance Agreements – Employment Contracts – Non-Compete Agreements – Trade Secret Agreements – Non-Solicitation Agreements – Wage And Hour Claims – Wage And Commission Disputes – Wrongful Discharge – FMLA And Leave Issues – EEOC And Minnesota Department Of Human Rights Complaints – Unemployment Appeals – Employee And Employer Disputes – Discrimination/Harassment Claims – Conflict Resolution – Representation Before State And Federal Court
Over the past 30 years, I have worked closely with individuals and businesses throughout the Twin Cities metro area. This includes serving as a private practice attorney representing both employees and businesses. My years of experience allow me to take on a wide range of challenges and help employees and businesses resolve complex employment disputes.
Through the course of my career, I have assisted with the following:
- Investigating And Resolving Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaints And Ensuring Compliance With Federal Law.
- Negotiated And Drafted Employment Contracts, Severance Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements And Non-Competition Agreements On Behalf Of Businesses And Individuals.
- Orchestrated And Investigated Complex Employment Issues Such As Alleged Violations Of Vulnerable Adult Act Incidents, Alleged CEO Sexual Harassment, Anonymous Harassing Letters And Numerous Other Employee Complaints, Incidences And Problems.
- Achieved Favorable Results Representing Business Clients And Individuals Regarding Employment Disputes Involving Title VII, FMLA, ADA, Wage And Hour Laws, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), And The Minnesota Human Rights Act.
- Counseled Businesses On Hiring And Firing Guidelines, Drafted Employee Handbooks, And Other Employment Policies And Procedures.
- Negotiating And Resolving Numerous Small Business Legal Disputes
- Reasonable Hourly Rate.
Select General Counsel for Your Business
Select General Counsel
for Your Business
Holden Law Firm is available to represent a select number of small to medium size businesses that have an ongoing need for employment counsel, human resource advice, employee relations assistance, contract review and negotiations, and legal counsel on other employment or business law matters.
Holden Law Firm’s Select General Counsel Program can reduce turnover, improve employee morale, avoid costly litigation, and reduce worker’s compensation and unemployment claims. For small and medium size business that cannot financially afford to hire a full-time attorney,
Holden Law Firm can make sure you are in compliance with both state and federal employment laws and regulations, offer advice and guidance in hiring and firing employees, and any other day-today legal needs associated with running a successful business.
Get In Touch:
Admitted to Practice:
- Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1987
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, (Poli. Sci. and History)